The C&T conferences are single-track conferences aimed at facilitating critical discussion across disciplinary and national borders in the field. The conference series is affiliated with EUSSET – the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies. The conference will be hosted at the University of Washington through partnerships with TASCHA (Technology and Social Change Group) in the Information School and the Center for Communications and Civic Engagement in the Communications Department.
Remote Together — Virtual Conference Due to Covid 19 Pandemic
Due to the prevalence of the Covid 19 coronavirus in June, C&T 2021 will be a remote, online event. We will be supporting remote attendance through a virtual conferencing software called Pathable, which enables online sessions, networking and communication. However, for those of you who are vaccinated or otherwise in a position to travel, please join us in Seattle to attend “remote together” — attending sessions from your rooms, but sharing informal, one-on-one or small group coffee, meals, and dinners in socially distant ways. To support attending remotely together, we have preserved our room reservation of Alder Hall at the University of Washington.
Your registration fees include:
June 23-25, 2021
|Participation in the main conference online only|
June 21-22, 2021
|Participation in the workshops and/or doctoral colloquium online only|
June 20, 2021
|Participation in the community day|
|Remote Together||Includes socially distant coffee service, lunch tickets for the UW cafeterias, reception and conference meal (TBD, we must be flexible depending on Washington State covid-19 restrictions).|
Attendance Fees — Early Bird Registration (through May 28, 2021)
|Early Bird||Early Bird||Late||Late|
(Membership required if
you do not already have)
If attending remotely together in Seattle
Explanation of remote attendance fees. We are able to offer remote attendance registration fees at a reduced cost because much of the costs of conferences are incurred through attendees’ physical presence, such as for meals or coffee. The remainder of the fee covers shared costs such as the use of online conferencing software, proceedings fees, and technical support. The Community Day is provided for free through the sponsorship of Third Place Technologies.
Accommodations. We have reserved a block of rooms in Alder Hall with wi-fi for overnight stays at about $110 per night. These dorm rooms may be used for attending remotely together. Room reservations will be available in April of 2021.
- If you want to benefit from a small reduction in EUSSET membership fees, become a EUSSET member first by registering here. Alternatively, non-members can purchase a 1 year EUSSET membership during the registration process.
- Before you start the registration process, please make sure you have your EUSSET Membership ID accessible, if applicable.
- The student rate is available to full time students. Students must provide proof of full-time status, such as a student identification card, on-site at the time of check-in.
- Refund requests must be submitted through the Eventbrite registration system within 30 days of the conference starting day.
- The program of the conference website is correct to the best of our knowledge, however we reserve the right to make changes to the program, location, speakers without prior notice.
- The conference does not take responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
Apply for Funding to Attend C&T 2021
EUSSET (the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies) is sponsoring a limited number of grants to support students and community organizations (especially from developing countries) to attend the Communities and Technologies 2021 conference taking place in Seattle in June 21-25 2021. If you are interested in applying for a grant, we will be posting our application form February 1, 2021.
Deadline for the application is May 3, 2021. You will be notified about the result of your application by May 7, 2021.